Dishonest employer issues

Your rights as an employee are protected by the local legislation. If you have been illegally fired or feel discriminated against in the workplace, contact us and we will advise you on what to do in your particular case. We will also provide assistance with unpaid wages.

We help to reach an agreement with the employer peacefully, if necessary we help to apply to the EmploymentTribunal, which protects the rights of employees. We help self-employed individuals in court appeals regarding unpaid wages. We provide a free consultation and discuss the possibility of debt recovery.


If you do not receive your wages, you will have a reasonable chance of winning in court if you can prove that:

  • you are or were an employee; if you are self-employed, you can claim your wages through the tribunal, you are entitled to the required money;
  • the employer did not have a legal right not to pay you wages or the deductions were made illegally;
  • some deductions were illegal.

Illegal deductions mean that the employer was not entitled to take money from you. The employer is allowed to make deductions if they are:

  • legal deductions such as taxes or social security payments;
  • deductions resulting from your work contract;
  • deductions that are not in the contract but have been agreed with the employer;
  • deductions as payback to the employer if he overpaid you wages.

If the deduction was made for none of the above reasons, it is likely to be an illegal deduction.

If you go to court, your employer could try to argue that the deductions have been approved, so it’s important to document your claims. Or you can provide an argument in support of your words as to why you think your employer should not have deducted money from your paycheck. You should check all your written contracts to see if your employer is calculating your salary correctly and deducting taxes from your salary correctly.

Proof of unpaid wages

It will help your case if you provide the documents you are basing your claim upon. Examples of such documents:

  • payroll slips,
  • timesheets,
  • bank statements to prove that the money never reached your account.

If you do not have such documents yet, you may ask your employer or your bank to provide copies. You have a legal right to receive your payslip. If your employer fails to do that, they will violate the law and this can be considered as proof of hiding something.

Time limits

You must file a claim within three months of your employer’s:

  • miscalculation of wages,
  • unpaid wages’ date.

The claim will only relate to deductions made in the last two years. This two-year period is calculated from the date of your claim.

If you wish to know more, please contact us and enquire. We will be happy to answer any questions, help you make a claim and advise you on what to do in your particular case.

Services request form