Small claims court

If people owe you money, you can go to the county court to claim the debt. It’s called submitting a claim. We will help you to prepare the claim, offer you advice on the grounds of the claim and your options in every case. If necessary, we will provide detailed consultation and advice on how to proceed while constantly monitoring the progress of events. We will draw up a list of conditions for the defendant, providing an opportunity to compensate for the damage suffered. The mediation service we provide could be cheaper than going to court. Mediation is the assistance of an impartial party by mutual agreement. In the event that an agreement cannot be reached, we will prepare a lawsuit.

What’s next?

You may have to go to court if another person or company (the ‘defendant’) denies having any money and you do not agree with their response.

You have the right to go to court to make a claim if the debtors:

  • Do not respond to your claim;
  • Recognize that they owe you money but do not pay;
  • Still doesn’t pay, then you can ask the court to take further steps to recover the money – for example, through bailiff service.

What happens in a court session

If a court hearing date has already been set, the court will contact you and tell you how the court hearing will proceed. We will assist you with advice for the court hearing.

After the court hearing

You will receive the decision on the day of the court hearing. The court will also send you a copy of the decision by post.

If you win the case, the court will order the persons or companies (debtors) to pay you. There are ways the court can collect your debt if they ignore the court order.


You can appeal the decision if you think the judge made a mistake during the hearing. You must do so within 21 days of the decision.

If you would like to know more, please contact us – we will be happy to answer your questions, help you file a claim, and advise you on a case-by-case basis.

Services request form